Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job no: 494670
Work type: Full-time Staff
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Canisius College invites interested and qualified persons to apply for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Assistant Athletic Trainer reports to the Director of Sports Medicine. This is a full-time, 11 month position.
- Men’s and Women’s Intercollegiate Athletics coverage and travel as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine. It is anticipated that this position will cover men’s basketball and softball as the assigned Head Athletic Trainer.
- Student-athlete emergency care, injury evaluation, rehabilitation and appropriate medical referral with appropriate record keeping
- Appropriate communication with Coaching staff, Sports medicine staff and Team Physicians and, when necessary, Strength and Conditioning and Academic Support services.
- Supervise remaining students in the CAATE accredited program.
- Ensure compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required
- Collegiate or Secondary School experience preferred.
- BOC certification and NYS Education Department Certification (eligible)
- Current First Aid, CPR and AED Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 11-month position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend