Library Collection Services Associate
Job no: 494634
Work type: Full-time Staff
Collection Services Associate
Andrew L. Bouwhuis Library
The full time Collection Services Associate is a member of the A.L.B. Library staff. Under the direction of the Head of Technical Services, the Collection Services Associate is responsible for the creation and maintenance of bibliographic records in the integrated library system.
The work schedule may include evening or weekend hours.
- Perform copy-cataloging of all formats of library materials to facilitate their identification, access and use.
- Assist with importing, maintenance, deletion, and quality control of all library records.
- Catalog and process all items for special projects
- Stay current of cataloging procedures and trends.
- Import and process electronic invoices in the ILS.
- Archive all order records.
- Track purchases in ILS and college financial system.
- Reconcile purchases via Centre Suite.
- Execute fund adjustments, allocations, budget transfers, check requests, I-Docs, and requisitions in ILS and college financial system.
- Complete annual fiscal closing of all funds.
- Edit and batch-print labels.
- Staff library service desk as scheduled.
- Exhibit a commitment to support the Canisius College and A.L.B. Library mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of directly related work experience.
- Proficiency with integrated library systems, preferably Sierra/Millennium.
- Knowledge of Banner, and Microsoft products; and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: students, faculty, administrators, and visitors.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work well within a team environment and independently.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend