Director of Chemistry Laboratories
Job no: 494609
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Other
Director of Chemistry Laboratories
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Canisius College invites applications for the position of Director of Chemistry Laboratories. The Director of Chemistry Laboratories oversees the ordering, purchasing, storage, inventory, and disposal of all supplies, equipment, and chemicals for the Department and provides logistical support for laboratory courses in the Department. This is a full-time position reporting to the chair of the department.
- Work with Department faculty to order and purchase supplies, equipment and chemicals for laboratory courses and research;
- Maintain an inventory of Department supplies and chemicals;
- Maintain proper storage of chemicals;
- Manage chemical/biochemical waste disposal within the Department and coordinate waste disposal with other departments at the College;
- Monitor, and fill cryogens in the Department NMR;
- Prepare supplies, equipment, and chemicals for the General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry laboratory courses;
- Maintain the Department distilled water supply;
- Act as the Department Chemical Hygiene Officer and OSHA Committee representative;
- Maintain safety equipment;
- Maintain Department copies of Safety Data Sheets and coordinate copies with the College;
- Maintain a list of all expenses for supplies, equipment and chemicals;
- Be proficient in expense related software (Banner and Centresuite);
- Serve as a liaison with Facilities Management for building maintenance/repair requests;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry;
- Inventory/budgeting experience;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, to interact effectively with college personnel and students.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter, resume and contact information for three references with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend