Assistant Director of WNY Teacher Residency Program
Job no: 494487
Work type: Part-time Staff
Assistant Director of the Western New York Teacher Residency
School of Education and Human Services
The assistant director will work together with the director to build a strong and sustainable residency program and lead partners in the design, development and implementation of the residency program.
The assistant director is responsible for the oversight of the residency experience. He/she will provide ongoing support for the interns/residents as they progress through the two-year residency program; serve as a liaison between residency partners and the college to ensure program alignment; share responsibility for collecting assessment data for program improvement. This is a part-time, grant-funded, one year position reporting to the WNYTR Director. Renewal of this position will depend on continued funding.
- Work with the Director to:
- build a strong and sustainable residency partnership
- Lead partners in developing a shared vision for the program and clearly defining what residents should know and be able to do (Vision of Effective Teaching, set of competencies, instructional rubric)
- Lead partners in designing and delivering competency-based curriculum, instruction, and performance assessments aligned to rigorous k-12 standards
- Identify, assess and select training sites, mentors, and residents
- Manage residency partners and staff and problem solve as needed.
- Coordinate induction/orientation for new residents and build a structure of support for and among the cohort of interns/residents
- Act as a liaison between residency partners and the director to ensure program alignment, specifically that coursework aligns to the intensive clinical experience.
- Ensure that all intern/residents have access to a high quality, well-prepared teacher and that field placements/assignments are aligned to resident certification requirements.
- Rigorously evaluate the impact of the residency program, and communicate results to program partners, the director, and other key stakeholders
- Utilize data to continuously improve program implementation and impact
- Assist with a marketing, outreach, and communications strategy to build awareness of and support for the residency program
- Assist in the identification, assessment and selection of training sites, mentors, and residents
- Represent the program to external stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of master’s degree and 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of education
- Previous teaching, mentoring, administrative, and/or teacher educator experience required
- Experience and certification in Childhood (1-6) &/or Special Education (1-6) preferred
- Passionate about education reform and innovative teacher preparation programs
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Impact-oriented, including facility with student achievement data and establishing and tracking program performance metrics
- Highly collaborative with an ability to lead and manage a complex inter-institutional partnership
- Strong project management and team management skills
- Awareness of and comfort with issues of diversity, specifically around race, class, and gender; ability to engage in and facilitate discussion about diversity, equity, and inclusion
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius and click on View Current Employment Opportunities. Please include your cover letter including a statement demonstrating a commitment to diversity and inclusion and resume with their online application. Letters may be addressed to Dr. Lorreine DiCamillo, WNYTR Director.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith, diversity, and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend