Head Coach for Women's Basketball
Job no: 494479
Work type: Full-time Staff
Head Coach for Women’s Basketball
Canisius College, a Jesuit institution located in Buffalo, New York and a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), seeks a Head Women’s Basketball Coach to provide leadership and strategy development for its NCAA Division I women’s basketball team. The head coach ensures the women’s basketball program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Administer and develop all aspects of the NCAA Division I women’s basketball program.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes. Organize and execute individual skill instruction for players.
- Identify, recruit and retain qualified Division I student athletes at the national level for the Canisius College Women’s Basketball Program.
- Promote the women’s basketball program to the public, assist in community relations and fundraising activities.
- Schedule and coordinate conditioning drills and workouts in conjunction with strength training coach.
- Advise and monitor the academic development of student-athletes.
- Responsible for the women’s basketball budget preparation and administration.
- Oversee team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Coordinate official and unofficial visits, written correspondence and telephone communications.
- Market and direct the Canisius College women’s basketball camps.
- Supervise assistant coaches and/or graduate assistants.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- At least five years of collegiate coaching experience in a competitive collegiate basketball program required, preferably at the Division I level.
- Prior head coaching experience is desirable; extensive recruiting experience and demonstrated commitment to the academic success and graduation of student-athletes.
- Commitment to a responsibility to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations at Canisius College, the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference and the NCAA is required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Please include your cover letter and resume with your online application. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend