COUNSELOR TALENT SEARCH
Job no: 494459
Work type: Full-time Staff
Talent Search Program
This full-time, 12 month position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Talent Search and the Associate Dean/Director of COPE.
The Talent Search Program is one of five federally funded TRIO programs established under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, administered through the C.O.P.E. Office. The Talent Search Program of Canisius College serves approximately 600 youth recruited from area schools and community service organizations. The Talent Search Program provides educational, social and career support services, and co-curricular and cultural enrichment experiences that will heighten the possibility of participants enrolling in postsecondary institutions.
- Provide academic and career advisement to Talent Search participants.
- Monitor the academic progress of Talent Search participants.
- Maintain complete and accurate files on all students.
- Assist with completing department and individual reports.
- Develop and facilitate workshops.
- Instruct required classes to Talent Search participants.
- Teach study skills and provide academic enrichment programs for the Talent Search participants throughout the year.
- Participate in planning and implementing Talent Search Summer Program.
- Tutor students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field and at least 6 credit hours in counseling or psychology are required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team and independently.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple activities.
- Advanced computer proficiency and the ability to learn additional programs, including the Canisius College BANNER system.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: students, faculty, administrators, and the general public.
- New York State driver’s license with a good driving record.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, and resume with their online application. Address cover letters to the Assistant Director of Academic Talent Search.
Please include the names, titles and email addresses of three references. Your references will receive an email from Canisius College requesting they submit their reference letter directly to Canisius College’s Human Resources Department.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend