DIRECTOR OF DATA ANALYTICS
Job no: 493402
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Other
Director of Data Analytics
College of Arts & Sciences
Canisius College invites applications for a position of founding Director of Data Analytics program. Data Analytics is a newly created one-year Master’s Program which will be housed in the College of Arts and Sciences and taught by faculty from both the College of Arts and Sciences and the Wehle School of Business. It is expected that the program will be offered beginning in the summer of 2018. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences. The appointment is full-time starting in January 2018.
The founding Director will be responsible for building partnerships with both businesses and non-profit organizations in the greater Buffalo region by effectively representing the program and forging relationships with diverse constituencies including prospective students, the business community, Canisius alumni, benefactors, and the public. Interest and/or expertise in the areas of finance, sustainability and/or biomedical analytics would be particularly welcome.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with members of the regional business community.
- Create academic and employment opportunities for students including internship placements and sites for the program’s collaborative applied integrative projects.
- Seek out and aggressively pursue grant and other funding opportunities.
- Recruit graduate students for the data analytics program.
- Advise graduate students and teach one or more classes annually depending upon area(s) of expertise.
- Direct program curriculum implementation and assessment.
- Ensure and constantly improve academic quality of the data analytics program.
- Cultivate and coordinate faculty development opportunities pertinent to the data analytics program.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with other faculty and administrators at the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A demonstrated ability to competently teach a broad range of courses in the program is required.
- Masters or Ph.D. required in Data Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related quantitative field is expected.
- Research, business, and programmatic experience in Data Science/Data Analytics highly valued.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
The review of applications will start on September 18th. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. The applicants must submit a cover letter, CV and a list of 3 references and their contact information. All qualified candidates, and, particularly, minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university located in Buffalo New York, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
For more information on Canisius College and Buffalo, NY, please go to: www.canisius.edu
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend