Job no: 494924
Work type: Full-time Staff
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Canisius College is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States. The College has a strong commitment to excellence in education and diversity and is currently seeking qualified candidates for an Admissions Counselor.
Job Summary: This is a full-time position which reports to a Senior Admissions Counselor. The Admissions Counselor coordinates and supports admissions programs; maintains communication with Canisius College partners in primary markets of focus; present admissions information sessions; performs admissions recruitment, counseling, and application review. Additionally, the incumbent ensures the college admissions process is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. This position requires the ability to travel and to load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment. Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Represent and present admissions information sessions both on – and - off campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and others involved in the college selection process.
- Coordinate and direct recruitment activities for assigned high schools and recruitment territories. Travel required.
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process.
- Review and score submitted application materials for the purpose of making admissions decisions.
- Plan and support various visit programs designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the college. Collaborate with various departments across campus.
- Communicate regularly with high school counselors, prospective students, parents and others.
- Evaluate recruitment efforts annually. Compare data from previous years with current recruitment year and analyze what efforts were new and how well they worked.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting multicultural diversity and sensitivity to the needs of traditionally under-represented students.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written. Ability to speak publicly and present the college in a positive way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: students, faculty, administrators, and the general public.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure, ability to work independently, exercise initiative as a critical member of a team, and function in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced computer proficiency and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, along with traveling to local and regional event sites.
- Must have and maintain a valid New York State Driver’s License with a good driving record per the college’s insurance provider’s requirements.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the Catholic, Jesuit identity of the college.
- One year of admissions counseling and outreach experience, or equivalent. (preferred)
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend