Administrative Associate for COPE
Job no: 494916
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Clerical/Customer Service
Canisius’ Opportunity Programs for Education (COPE)
COPE extends educational opportunities and provides supportive services to assist students with achieving their fullest academic potential. Enrolling at Canisius will offer students the opportunity to obtain an undergraduate education of the highest quality, to experience the Canisius tradition and heritage, and to begin the road to success in a career of their choice. COPE is responsible for administering three very different and distinct programs: The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), Academic Talent Search (ATS), and the Martin Luther King Scholarship (MLK). The resources and support provided through COPE motivate students to achieve their goals within an intellectually stimulating environment.
The administrative associate acts as a point of contact for the department with both internal and external constituencies, assist and represent the COPE office by handling concerns as they arise. The administrative associate provides support to the Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion/ Director of HEOP, the Associate Director, the Coordinator of Academic Support Services, and the Senior Counselor. This is a modified full-time position, occasional weekends are required when workshops/events are scheduled.
- Contribute to an inclusive office environment by demonstrating active listening, establishing relationships, and providing assistance to students and other members of the campus community.
- General office duties including answer multiple phone lines, greet visitors, schedule appointments, photocopy, file, mail, order office supplies, oversee service of office equipment, and email communications.
- Prepare and maintain accurate student records.
- Assist with the department budget. Track program expenditures. Prepare budget forecast. Verify all expenditures against business office records. Maintain receipts for all expenses.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Associate Dean/Director and Associate Director.
- Oversee finance actions, including direct pay requests, and CentreSuite (department VISA transactions)
- Provide oversight of social media platforms by posting information about programs and events
- Manage travel arrangements, program activities, staff/campus meetings, and workshops.
- Coordinate student textbook distribution in collaboration with Follet bookstore.
- Attend departmental meetings and develop a record of the meeting minutes.
- Compile information and assist with grant proposals/reports for submission to the New York State Department of Education.
- Prepare and distribute annual report for schools, college administrators, and staff members.
- Print contact reports from database for all program participants. Identify students who have not participated in any activities for the year. File reports in student folders.
- Supervise work-study students and/or graduate assistants.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a diverse team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and varied projects while meeting daily deadlines.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated administrative support experience is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the willingness to learn new programs/systems
- Experience with data management and manipulation in Excel.
- Awareness of and commitment to addressing the needs of students from economically and educationally disadvantaged backgrounds
- Experience with Banner and other learning management software.
- Familiarity with educational opportunity programs or human services
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a modified full-time, hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend