Director of Graduate Admissions
Job no: 494902
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Admissions
Director of Graduate Admissions
The Director Graduate Admissions leads Canisius College’s office of Graduate Admissions. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the director serves as a senior team member in the development and execution of Canisius College’s graduate enrollment strategy.
The director manages the day-to-day functions of the graduate admission office. As such, the director hires, supervises, directs and evaluates staff in the graduate admissions office. In addition, the director monitors budget, develops and tracks the office's Key Performance Indicators (KPI), oversees communication flow to student applicants and develops workflow for graduate and professional student applications. This position collaborates extensively with other administrative and academic departments at Canisius College.
The director works with the VP for Enrollment Management to set overall graduate enrollment goals, develop a cohesive policy structure for the unit, creating and executing professional development plans for direct reports, helps identify salient trends in the market and works directly with Canisius’s graduate academic departments.
Management of Graduate Admissions Office
- Manages, develops and supervises staff within the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Serves as the key spokesperson for the Graduate Admissions office and serves on relevant university-wide committees and teams having to do with graduate admissions.
- Oversees, manages and designs the student applications workflow from inquiry to acceptance and beyond.
- Coordinates with staff and vendors to provide a high-quality responsive student experience during the application process.
- Responsible for maintaining and maximizing the use of student data within Canisius's SLATE (Technosolutions) data management system.
- Troubleshoots operational matters having to do with the graduate admissions and student applications process with relevant staff members, other university personnel and vendors.
- Prepares and compiles reports on graduate admission and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relevant to the graduate student application, enrollment and matriculation process. These KPIs include, but are not limited to, student demographics, time to decision, enrollment funnel data etc.
- Interface with Canisius's office of International Student Programs to ensure speedy and effective visa processing for international students.
- Also manages and oversees the admission and application process for graduate certificates, non-matriculated student programs.
- Must be prepared to coordinate staff-- both on-campus and remote so the admission's office is accessible to students both on and off campus.
Graduate Admissions Strategy
- Coordinate with graduate academic departments and other graduate leadership to develop the admission standards and policies which yields desired student quality and enrollment levels for Canisius College.
- Inform communication strategy which conveys to Canisius's target student population relevant information regarding the admissions and applications process. This communications strategy should include, but is not limited to, the institutional web site, social media, admissions letters, email and text messaging communication flow.
- Help interpret and analyze student surveys, institutional reports and other market research tools employed by Canisius to better inform the graduate admission's process.
- Assist in developing a graduate admission's forecasting methodology in conjunction with other enrollment management, finance, and academic staff.
- Recommend policy and practice changes for a targeted high-quality student recruitment plan.
Unit and Institutional Leadership
- Director serves on college wide committees as needed/requested.
- Assists academic units in the development of new or revised academic programs when needed.
- Participates in broad-based college and enrollment events (open house, accepted student days, orientation, graduation, alumni weekends etc.) as a supportive individual who represents the unit and Canisius College more broadly.
- Is active in relevant professional societies and organizations which augments Canisius's standing in the broader academic market.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution of higher learning.
- Five or more years of work experience in higher education.
- Five or more years of management experience developing direct reports
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching, and development skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
- Commitment to Canisus's institutional values of diversity and inclusion, equity and social justice.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend