Systems & Technology Librarian
Job no: 494880
Work type: Full-time Staff
Systems & Technology Librarian, Andrew L. Bouwhuis, SJ Library
The Technical Services & Systems Librarian will provide support for all library systems and provide leadership in the implementation of new technologies. Will oversee technical services department, which includes the library web site, electronic resources, acquisitions and cataloging.
- Provide support for all library systems, software, and technology.
- Maintain the library services platform (ALMA)
- Provide technical support for interlibrary loan systems, including Tipasa, RapidILL, and ConnectNY (ReShare).
- Maintain and update EZProxy to ensure off campus access to library resources.
- Create content and maintain the library website.
- Maintain RFID hardware and software.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies.
- Original and copy cataloging of library material.
- Provide technical support for Canisius College Archives, including maintenance of website and digital collections.
- Serve as a liaison to Information Technology Services and academic departments on campus.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high level customer service; model excellent customer service for staff and student employees.
- Interpret library policies and procedures for patrons while handling their questions or concerns in a professional and friendly manner.
- Exhibit a commitment to support the Canisius College and Library mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
Required qualifications: ALA accredited Master of Library Science and 3-5 years of library systems and technology experience.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend