Athletics Financial Operations Manager
Job no: 494808
Work type: Part-time Staff
Categories: Athletics/Recreation, Administrative/Professional, Finance/Business Support
Athletics Financial Operations Manager
Department of Athletics
The Athletics Financial Operations Manager is responsible for the development, interpretation, coordination and administration of the Department of Athletics business and financial affairs. The incumbent participates in the development of the athletic department’s annual and three-year budget projections focused on organizational goals and objectives and supervises the department’s business operations. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and the College Controller.
- Communicates with the Director of Athletics regarding the business and financial status of the Department of Athletics. Reviews projections and actual operating results. Identifies potential fiscal problems and proposes solutions.
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with the Controller’s Office to ensure that all college financial policies and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Develops a formal budget program for the ongoing measurement of operating efficiency and effectiveness for a $12M+ annual budget. Assists in the preparation of long range budget plans. Compile budget estimates for athletic program operations and completes special projects as requested. Advise Director of Athletics concerning budget matters and participates in budget discussions with Department staff.
- Organizes all budgets (agency, personnel and operational) and monitors expenditures for the Department of Athletics. Provides analyses of existing intercollegiate accounting policies and procedures and recommends changes in methods and procedures. Helps develop management information systems to increase the effectiveness of departmental financial operations.
- Responsible for auditing, reconciling, and assisting in monitoring all revenue generating programs for the Department, including the completion of the ticket sales audits, quarterly sales tax report, and monthly Blue & Gold Fund Gifts report.
- Responsible for annually completing the NCAA financial audit of the Intercollegiate Athletics program, including all related financial analysis and worksheets. Responsible for the completion and submission of the EADA report.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of Department’s monthly financial reports including reconciliation of all financial transactions.
- Responsible for oversight of and to direct or assist the preparation of all financial transactions which occur within the department, including part time payroll, purchase orders, travel documents, officials payments, deposits, internal transfers, and procurement card statements.
- Responsible for securing payroll lines for the Department and ensuring they are properly funded and will prepare internal payroll report.
- Responsible for implementation of various projects for improvements in the Business Operations. Coordinate the completion of the Athletic Department Business Operations Policy and Procedures manual including both external and internal procedures. Strive to document that all policies, procedures and processes are followed and that they reflect current practices.
- Participate in the creation of ARMS workflows that are utilized for athletic department financial transactions.
- Collaborate with the Athletics Operations Coordinator on the oversight of the Visa Procurement program for the Department.
- Interacts on a regular basis with immediate supervisor, coaches, department heads, various outside sponsors and vendors as well as other College offices such as Payroll, Accounts Payable and the Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experiencing in accounting and/or bookkeeping required.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend