Computer Support Technician
Job no: 494792
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Information Technology
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Information Technology Services
The Computer Support Technician is an entry level, full-time position with a flexible schedule. The incumbent should have experience troubleshooting and supporting personal computers and software. The Computer Support Technician reports to the Director of User Services.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in the use of computer equipment and software by teaching, providing phone support, providing lab and classroom support, and installing software.
- Provide ITS Help Desk support. Identify and solve computer related problems.
- Travel to offices and lab sites to assist faculty, staff, and students with computer questions and problems.
- Maintain campus computer lab facilities including software and hardware installation and repair.
- Transport computer equipment and supplies.
- Create documentation for faculty, staff, and student use.
- Log calls in the ITS “call tracking” system.
- Refer problem calls and requests for assistance to others as appropriate.
- Schedule and coordinate activities of designated student employees.
- Consult with faculty and staff to determine their computer needs, and then initiates orders for equipment and software.
- Install personal computer software in offices and Instructional Technology Classrooms.
- Remain current with personal computer and related technology as it applies to higher education.
- Work under the supervision and guidance of Computer Support Specialists and the Help Desk Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience supporting personal computers and software.
- Knowledge to identify and solve computer related problems.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated technical competence in Windows operating systems.
- Experience with MacOS operating systems a plus.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to learn additional software including the Canisius College BANNER system.
- Experience in customer service environment.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Must have and maintain a valid New York State Driver’s License with a good driving record.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend