Assistant Coach for Women's Rowing
Job no: 494787
Work type: Part-time Staff
Assistant Coach for Women’s Rowing- Athletics
Canisius College invites interested and qualified persons to apply for the position of Assistant Coach for Women's Rowing. Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach for Women’s Rowing.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program through strict adherence to NCAA, MAAC and university rules and regulations through monitoring of program activities, active involvement and commitment to continuous rules education, timely submission of compliance-related documents, and immediate reporting of any knowledge of potential rules violation involving self or others.
- Assist in preparing practice plans, implement practice plan, review post practice.
- Assist with academic advisement, monitoring and development of student-athletes.
- Assist with team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Assist in the upkeep of all equipment including shells, cox boxes, speed coaches, etc.
- Expand the walk-on community by recruiting students off campus.
- Promote a culture supportive to student-athletes post graduate goals.
- Community outreach with players and other coaches.
- Enhance a culture of strong mental and physical health.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Competing and/or coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend