Job no: 494773
Work type: Part-time Staff
Andrew L. Bouwhuis Library
The Cataloger’s primary responsibility is original and copy-cataloging of bibliographic records in the integrated library system. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the maintenance of other types of records within the ILS and assisting acquisitions with financial transactions and fund maintenance in the ILS and with other systems.
- Perform original and copy-cataloging of all formats of library materials to facilitate their identification, access and use.
- Assist with importing, maintenance, deletion, and quality control of all library records, including bibliographic, authority, vendor, order, check-in, and holdings records.
- Work with Collection Services Coordinator and Head of Technical Services to optimize departmental workflows.
- Stay current of cataloging procedures and trends.
- Compile year-end statistics for Cataloging.
- Staff library service desk as scheduled.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high level customer service; model excellent customer service for student employees.
- Interpret library policies and procedures for patrons while handling their questions or concerns in a professional and friendly manner.
- Exhibit a commitment to support the Canisius College and ALB Library mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Library Director or direct supervisor.
- MLS from ALA accredited program
- Library cataloging experience preferred
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend