Vice President for Enrollment Management
Job no: 494769
Work type: Full-time Staff
Vice President for Enrollment Management
The Vice President for Enrollment Management will report to the President, and serve on the senior leadership team. The Vice President will provide leadership for undergraduate and graduate student recruitment, marketing, and student financial aid. The Vice President will be responsible for employing best practices to enroll diverse classes of first-year, transfer and graduate students, while maintaining the academic profile, actively contributing to improved retention, and meeting net tuition revenue objectives. The Vice President will also oversee the execution of a data-informed integrated marketing and communications strategy that produces measurable results and positive visibility for the college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President will help to position the college to meet changing demographics through the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of a comprehensive enrollment management plan that aligns with the mission of Canisius and supports the college’s overall goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will:
- Introduce innovative and progressive ideas and practices to attract, recruit and matriculate students.
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise and evaluate the enrollment management staff with the goal of developing a team of committed, results-oriented professionals.
- Leverage the talents of campus partners: faculty, deans, staff, alumni and community constituents in a college-wide effort to attract and retain students. The Vice President will cultivate a shared institutional responsibility of growing and retaining the student body through collaboration and collegiality.
- Work with Vice President of Business and Finance to develop, execute and assess financial aid packaging strategies that optimize enrollment, academic profile and net tuition revenue.
- Monitor the rapidly changing landscape of regional, national and international higher education trends to ensure that Canisius remains well-positioned.
- Oversee the Department of Marketing & Communication, including web and creative services personnel, and develop, execute and assess short and long-term integrated marketing and communication strategies that effectively leverage innovative technologies and traditional methods to attract and recruit prospective students and successfully promote the college.
- Provide leadership in the development of data-driven enrollment goals based on strategic analysis of student success, program specific and institutional capacity, and market research.
- Play a central role in supporting the development and execution of a comprehensive plan to improve retention and graduation rates, including designing organizational structures and linking recruitment goals with retention goals.
- Develop and implement creative strategies that adapt and respond to market-changing results throughout the admissions funnel.
- Have an understanding of peer institutions and common cross-application institutions to monitor trends in scholarships, marketing, initiatives and financial-aid packaging
- Understand the Slate CRM and other industry standard tools to maximize outreach and yield of applicants.
- Update the President, the Board of Trustees, Senior Leadership team, faculty and other audiences on the progress of the comprehensive strategic enrollment plan, including current admissions and enrollment results, predictions, trends and other key indicators that could impact results.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, including any reallocation of resources that optimizes desired results.
- Utilize research and information technologies in conducting market analysis and forecasting, as well as identifying and developing new markets.
- Recommend new academic offerings and modalities to Academic Affairs leadership based on prospective student interests, market demands and trends.
- Ensure the institution’s conformance with all applicable regulatory and licensing standards.
- Ability and willingness to enthusiastically support the Canisius’ Catholic, Jesuit mission, identity, tradition and spirit and its commitment to the moral and ethical development of all students.
- Significant management, integrated marketing, communications and leadership experience in field of enrollment management.
- Demonstrated track record of success in the areas of enrollment planning, admissions and financial aid, higher education marketing, and retention.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and fostering a welcoming, multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent customer service, presentation, management, problem solving, analytical, budget management, and business skills
- Be a results-oriented leader with exceptional analytical and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and communication and market trend expertise.
- Serve on or leads college-wide committees to represent the division and advance the mission and goals of the institution.
- Master’s degree with 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience in enrollment management, marketing or communication.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of credentials is underway and will continue until the position is filled.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend