Head Coach for Women's Volleyball
Job no: 494764
Work type: Full-time Staff
HEAD COACH for WOMEN’S VOLLEYBALL
Canisius College seeks a full-time Head Coach for Women’s Volleyball. Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The head coach for women’s volleyball ensures the Canisius volleyball program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Administer and develop all aspects of the NCAA Division I women’s volleyball program.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes for the Canisius College volleyball program.
- Train and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Organize and execute individual skill instruction for players.
- Schedule and coordinate conditioning drills and workouts in conjunction with strength training coach.
- Advise and monitor the academic development of student-athletes.
- Scout opponents, prepare game plans and instruct the student-athletes on the women’s volleyball program.
- Coordinate, with the Sport Supervisor, the competition schedule for the women’s volleyball program.
- Oversee team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Coordinate official and unofficial visits, written correspondence and telephone communications.
- Market and direct the Canisius College women’s volleyball camps.
- Responsible for budget preparation and administration.
- Supervise assistant coaches and/or graduate assistants.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Coaching and playing experience is required; coaching and recruiting experience at the Division I Level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240. To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend