Art Director for Marketing & Brand Engagement
Job no: 494734
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Marketing & Communication
Canisius College is accepting applications for an Art Director who will be a key member of the Creative Services team within the Office of Marketing and Brand Engagement. We seek a flexible and creative team player who can conceptualize and execute design work for a range of audiences in diverse creative formats that include digital, print and web. The ideal candidate is someone with a track record of developing innovative design solutions and who is not afraid to take creative risks. This position interacts cross-departmentally with Marketing, Web Services, PR and with various internal stakeholders including Admissions, Academic Affairs, Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, and Major Gifts.
- Handle multiple projects, work on tight deadlines, and take projects from concept to final stage while prioritizing, organizing and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
- Concept, design and execute materials for use in marketing, alumni engagement, and advancement initiatives, including print and digital marketing materials, event signage/branding, premiums, etc.
- Act as consultant to campus departments for all communication project requests. Design and present work to key stakeholders throughout project lifecycle. Iterate on visual approaches within a cross-functional team.
- Help shape the department’s design philosophy, set creative standards, and create a cohesive look & feel across all projects consistent with the College's brand.
- Demonstrate excellent visual communication skills with ability to articulate design strategies both visually and verbally.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills to ensure schedule, quality and cost parameters are met.
- Contract, coordinate and/or supervise photographers and photo shoots as needed.
- Manage print production process. Coordinate with print vendors to quote jobs, prepare print ready files and oversee work on press.
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- 3-5 years of professional design experience in a team environment
- Highly-developed graphic design skills utilizing Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and desktop publishing.
- Effective project management skills
- Experience with offset and digital printing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter, resume and samples of your work or an online portfolio with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend