Assistant Director of Digital Media
Job no: 494727
Work type: Full-time Staff
Assistant Director of Digital Media
Canisius College, a Jesuit college in Buffalo, N.Y., invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Digital Media. This 12-month, full-time position reports directly to the Director of Digital Media. Canisius College sponsors 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams, which compete in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), with the exception of ice hockey, which competes in the Atlantic Hockey Association.
Primary Position Function/Summary:
This position will serve an integral role in Canisius’ sports broadcasting journalism program, an immersive learning program offered to students for various majors on campus, teaching Canisius students all aspects of live sports production through real-world experience.
The Assistant Director of Digital Media has responsibility for collaborating and assisting with all creative aspects and operations of the Canisius Digital Media Department, while specializing in short-form media production. This position will also direct, oversee and administer broadcast technological practices and application within the scope of live-event production.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Live Event Production
• Assist with the production of all ESPN3/ESPN+ broadcasts/Golden Griffin Broadcast Network streaming broadcasts
• Staff, recruit, and train students to work ESPN3/ESPN+ broadcasts/Golden Griffin Broadcast Network streaming broadcasts
• Maintain broadcast equipment, production switcher, fiber conversion equipment, cameras, audio equipment and graphics hardware
• Collaborate with Canisius’ Digital Media and Athletic Communications staffs in all operational functions
• Responsible for all aspects of the video production process from start to finish
• Conceptualize, coordinate, write, shoot and edit videos for GoGriffs.com, Canisius athletic department social media accounts, in-venue video boards, and television commercials
• Collaborate with the Canisius External Affairs department to create marketing, publicity, highlight, banquet, social and other feature videos
• Work closely with social and digital media managers to help grow and entertain the Golden Griffin audience
• Produce television or webisode show features and content
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, communication or related field
• Experience with set-up, broadcast production and in-game/in-event streaming is also required and knowledge of the ESPN3/ESPN+ collegiate program is highly preferred
• Knowledge of editing programs (i.e. Adobe Premiere Pro) and production equipment (i.e. Ross Switchers, 3-Play system, Expression graphics software) is required
• Demonstrate the ability to meet short deadlines, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
• Have the ability to work extensive evening, weekend and holiday assignments
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system. To apply, go to: https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, is an independent, co-educational, medium sized institution of higher education. Minority candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Canisius College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend