Center for Professional Development (CPD)
The Canisius College Center for Professional Development (CPD) is seeking an experienced, energetic and hands-on leader to expand its continuing education programs. Reporting to the Dean of the Richard J. Wehle School of Business (WSB), the Director will be a seasoned and motivated professional responsible for leading all aspects of the CPD, including marketing, sales, design, development, management, and implementation of premium open enrollment and custom education programs consistent with student demand and regional needs.
The Executive Director will be responsible for budgeting, estimating market demand, developing, designing and pricing programs, hiring faculty and staff, and assessing program quality. The Executive Director will also be responsible for building partnerships with both businesses and non-profit organizations in the greater Buffalo region by articulating Canisius’ value proposition for potential partners, focusing on engagement, education, employment, and customer service.
The CPD is located in Science Hall, the newest building on the Canisius College campus, which features state-of-the-art classrooms, and meeting facilities. Programs may be offered in Science Hall, the client’s site, or online.
- Review the CPD mission and vision statements and develop a comprehensive strategic plan with clearly articulated programming strategies and well-defined revenue goals.
- Develop, market, implement and evaluate open enrollment and custom professional development programs offered online, at the client’s site, and on campus at Science Hall.
- Build new client relationships and strengthen existing accounts.
- Collaborate with the Dean of the Richard J. Wehle School of Business to develop new lines of business for the CPD.
- Collaborate across campus to build relationships and take advantage of expertise in all academic units and administrative divisions of the college.
- Support the development and success of the New Buffalo Institute at Canisius.
- Collaborate with the Women’s Business Center (WBC) to create and deliver programs that maximize effectiveness and efficiency for the college and constituents.
- Ensure the marketing plan is current and implement actions to promote programs and recruit new business clients.
- Develop a financial plan with annual growth targets that will ensure the CPD’s profitability.
- Analyze financial performance and implement corrective administrative action when appropriate.
- Prepare monthly management accounts both by program and for the CPD overall for the WSB Dean.
- Conduct regional studies and identify market trends/needs.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate CPD professional staff and instructional faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in business program development and/or continuing education organization.
- Dynamic, highly motivated, entrepreneurial professional with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment for generating revenue through strategic selling of services to individuals and organizations.
- Marketing knowledge and ability to identify target audiences and select the most advantageous method of promoting programs.
- Supervisory and administrative skills and ability to identify priorities and schedule workflow for maximum productivity.
- Knowledge of adult learners, local workforce and economic development issues, community development, and the management of fiscally sound educational programs preferred.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Formal training in the delivery of professional development programs is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.