Head Cheerleading Coach
Job no: 494709
Work type: Part-time Staff
Head Coach for Cheerleading
Canisius College, a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference and Atlantic Hockey Conference, invites interested and qualified persons to apply for the position of part-time Head Coach for Cheerleading.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and administer team rules and guidelines.
- Conduct team tryouts to recruit qualified cheerleaders as team members.
- Develop routines for in-game performances and dance routines for halftime performances.
- Supervise and attend all team practices.
- Attend all home men/women’s basketball games and select hockey games.
- Attend annual Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Basketball Tournament and participate in all tournament activities scheduled for the Cheer Team.
- Order and inventory all equipment and uniforms needed to outfit a collegiate cheer team.
- Monitor all social media accounts for cheer team and team members.
- Participate in department activities/fundraisers.
- Supervise team mascot during events.
- Ensure the safety of squad members.
- Adhere strictly to budget.
Additional areas of responsibility include team travel arrangements, and written and telephone correspondence, and other duties as assigned.
- AACCA Certification.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing cheerleaders.
- Candidate should possess an excellent work ethic, strong communication skills, a commitment to diversity and the ability to work with a diverse population of students, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Prior coaching experience preferred.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system. To apply, go to: https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, is an independent, co-educational, medium sized institution of higher education. Minority candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Canisius College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend