JOB IDENTIFICATION: Mail Stock Clerk
Works under direction of supervior, performing all forms of mailroom and receiving work. Hours range from 8:00 AM -5:00PM Monday - Friday, dedpending assigned shift. Some over-time may be required from time to time, partaicularly Saturdays during months of August/September and January/February. VACATION APPROVAL MAY BE LIMITED DURING PEAK ACTIVITY.
THE INCUMBENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Opening the mailroom and receiving area promptly at 8:00AM. (Per scheduled work time assignment)
- Receive inbound mail and parcels from the U.S. Post Office, FedEx, UPS, and freight carriers. Unload carrier’s truck; operate pallet jack. Sign carrier’s Bill of Lading, insuring accuracy for documents. (Daily)
- Record received items in Pitney Bowes Arrival System. (Daily)
- Sort inbound mail and parcels to the correct department or student mail box (Daily).
- Deliver inbound mail and parcels to campus centralized mailboxes or directly to campus departments. Expedite delivery for inbound items shipped via “Next Day Delivery”. (Daily)
- Operate delivery vehicle. (Daily)
- Obtain the consignee’s signature for parcels. (Daily)
- Read, interpret and prioritize requests for outbound mailings. (Daily)
- Apply postage to outbound mail utilizing Pitney Bowes mail equipment and computers. Ensure the correct postage rate is applied, and the quality, accuracy and timeliness for outbound mail. Prepare documentation for Marketing Mail, referred to as “Bulk Mail”. (Daily)
- Operate all equipment, including Pitney Bowes SendSuite shipping system, computers, multi-functional copy machine, scales, carts and other machines. (Daily)
- Operate cash register, ensuring correct cash balance and security for all transactions. (Daily)
- Perform trouble shooting for mailroom equipment and make adjustments. Request service from service provider and ensure that equipment downtime is minimized. (As Needed)
- Perform customer service in a courteous and tactful manner and maintain a good rapport with co-workers. Assist and advise customers in all aspects of mailing, shipping and receiving, (Daily)
- Answer telephone, take accurate messages and retrieve voice mail. (Daily)
- Distribute stock room supplies. (As Needed)
- Maintain records for departmental charge-backs and journal entries. (Daily)
- Maintain security of mailroom & receiving dock area. (Daily)
- Maintain work area in an orderly manner. (Daily)
- Conform to all safety rules and regulations. (Daily)
- Appropriate uniform attire is required; blue jeans, loose-fitting clothing, or jewelry that may get caught in moving machinery or cause electrical shock are not allowed. Steel-toe shoes suitable for standing long periods of time is required. Wearing headphones or ear-buds for music devices and mobile phone is not allowed. Use of a personal phone or computers during work hours is not allowed. (Daily)
- Closing and securing the mailroom and receiving areas at 5:00 PM. (Per scheduled work time assignment)
- Perform all other duties, including lead-person. (As required)
Despite automated equipment, the work for a Mail Stock Clerk can be physically demanding. Physical activities include standing for long periods of time, walking, moving heavy mail containers and shipping cartons, constant stooping, and bending.
The incumbent is required to enter data on equipment control panels, computers and telephones, loosen and tighten knobs and controls on mechanical equipment, operate vehicles and fork-lift, pushing and pulling hand trucks and carts, and performing duties outdoors in various weather conditions.
Communication skills include reading equipment control panels, service manuals, mail request forms, computer screens, and verbal communication via telephone and face-to-face customer service.
THE INCUMBENT WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Proficiency in all aspects of operating mailroom equipment, computers and vehicles.
- Knowledge of United States Postal Service rates and general shipping & receiving procedures.
- The incumbent must have a valid NYS driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Excellent customer service skills, treating all customers, co-workers and suppliers with dignity and respect.
- Effective telephone communication skills.
- Ability to accurately follow directions and retain information.
- Good command of the English language.
- Ability to accurately count, add and subtract.
- Proficiency in typing/keyboard skills.
- Computer proficiency operating MS Excel and MS Word.
$ per hour to start.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available and include – health, dental insurance and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.