Assistant Coach for Men's Hockey
Job no: 494705
Work type: Full-time Staff
Assistant Coaches for Men’s Hockey
Canisius College is accepting applications for an assistant coach for Men’s Ice Hockey. Canisius is a member of the Division I Atlantic Hockey Conference. The assistant ice hockey coach ensures the Canisius men’s ice hockey program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. This is a full-time position which reports to the Head Coach for Men’s Ice Hockey.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Organize and execute individual skill instruction for players.
- Schedule and coordinate conditioning drills and workouts in conjunction with assigned strength training coach.
- Assist with academic advisement, monitoring and development of student-athletes.
- Recruit qualified student athletes for Canisius College men’s ice hockey program.
- Develop scouting reports for opponents as assigned and evaluate game tape.
- Assist with team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating official and unofficial visits, written correspondence and telephone communications.
- Ensure the men’s ice hockey program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Record all practice logs, recruits/recruiting activities in ARMS.
- Supervise work-study students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Coaching and/or playing experience is required; coaching, playing, and/or recruiting experience at the Division I Level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (with/or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend