Student Service and Development Coordinator for the Wehle School of Business
Job no: 494772
Work type: Full-time Staff
Student Service and Development Coordinator
Wehle School of Business
The coordinator reports to the Dean of the Wehle School of Business but directly supports the Associate Dean and the Director of Executive Education & Leadership Development. This position provides student support to new and continuing students and coordinates functions for certificate and executive leadership and development programs. The coordinator works collaboratively with students, faculty, alumni and subject-matter professionals.
This is a full-time position scheduled Monday through Friday but with flexibility for occasional evening and weekend academic programming.
Student Advisor Functions:
- Advise current undergraduate and graduate students on course selection and progression through degree requirements.
- Train and supervise academic program advisors and the undergraduate level in the Wehle School of Business departments.
- Assist the Associate Dean in creation and management of academic course schedule.
- Participate as a member of the Cura Personalis Team Meetings in support of managing students of concern.
- Counsel and develop academic recovery plans for students on academic probation.
- Work closely with International Student Programs office to develop plans for students to go abroad and work with incoming exchange students.
- Occasionally attend admissions events, representing undergraduate and graduate business programs. Meet with prospective freshman and transfer students.
- Maintain articulation agreements with local community colleges.
- Manage registration and advisement of new students for all graduate business programs.
- Represent and advise students in the Bachelor/MBA program and Accounting 4+1 program.
- Act as Program Co-coordinator for all third-party-delivered programs including, but not limited to, SHRM and CFP.
- Process orders, maintain trackers and field inquiries and sales calls advising working professionals on certificate eligibility, process, commitment, planning, best practices and payment in a timely fashion.
- Onboard all adult learners and Wehle Ambassadors in all certificate programs including portal maintenance and development of all “products” for onboarding electronically.
- Set up e-learning rooms for remote programs, executive training.
- Coordinate room logistics and set up for all Leadership & Professional Development workshops.
- Process WorkPlace Big 5 student onboarding, online assessment ordering, financial tracking and forwarding of assessments to LPD students with instructions.
- Maintain financial tracking of all expenses related to certificate, executive and Leadership & Professional Development programs.
- Prepare consultant, adjunct, faculty and other contracts for delivery and electronic signing.
- Download, sort and summarize client e-survey results using Excel for e-survey software program.
- Field phone calls and handle inquiries following CPD standards and communications products.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of related experience
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Strong competency in Excel with some working familiarity Access.
- Strong attention to detail, recording of information, data manipulation and record-keeping.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with constituencies including corporate clients, adult learners, faculty, College administrators, students, and general public.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in an environment with competing priorities and demands.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner (independently) with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage projects ensuring follow-through and completion.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to learn additional programs such as Banner and Wordpress (limited use)
The Wehle School of Business provides premier business programming throughout Western and Upstate New York. In keeping with Canisius’ values of academic excellence and leadership, the Wehle School is committed to transformational learning and development.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend