Canisius Fund Coordinator
Job no: 494674
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Advancement/Alumni Relations, Clerical/Customer Service
Canisius Fund Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of the Canisius Fund, the Canisius Fund Coordinator will play a key role in the coordination of solicitation, cultivation and stewardship efforts for the Canisius Fund. This position will serve as the primary manager of data and stewardship for the college’s annual donors and members of the Leadership Society. In addition, this position provides office support and other logistics for the Canisius Fund Office, as well as serves as a key contact in the office for all internal and external constituencies. This is a full-time position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Canisius Fund Support: 50%
- Prepare personalized thank you letters for loyal, newly acquired, and lapsed donors on an on-going basis as their gifts are received, and ensure they are mailed within 5 working days.
- Update and run weekly reports for the director and assistant director of the Canisius Fund on the status of the Canisius Fund and Leadership Society.
- Provide support for Canisius Fund events (both on and off-campus), including hosting, scheduling and room arrangements, AV/technical support, vendor and procurement coordination, publicity, participant tracking, and print any electronic materials.
- Work collaboratively with staff in ensuring accuracy of donor records.
- Provide administrative support for the Canisius Fund team to include p-card reconciliation, office supply inventory, travel arrangements, mailings, etc.
- Provide administrative support for fundraising volunteer committees as assigned.
- Maintain strong communication with other members of the Institutional Advancement team to ensure coordinated approach to fundraising.
- Serve as front-line reception for alumni, friends, students, faculty, administrators and staff calling or visiting the office.
- Contribute actively to a positive, pleasant and professional work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the director and assistant director of the Canisius Fund.
Leadership Society Support: 25%
- Manage the data of the college’s 850-plus leadership donors ($1,000+) including updating membership codes, generating membership data and reports, and providing lists to staff for appropriate action and follow-up.
- Prepare personalized thank you letters signed by the president for each Leadership Society member on an on-going basis as their gifts are received.
- Work with Advancement Services to keep them updated on any contact and biographical information and/or changes that might affect them.
Phonathon Program Support: 15%
- Assist the assistant director of the Canisius Fund in recruiting and hiring of students for the Call Center; provide weekly update files to Ruffalo Noel Levitz to ensure accuracy of data in calling pools; manage personalized notes and pledge cards being mailed out after each call shift.
- Assist the assistant director of the Canisius Fund with the execution of monthly pledge reminders.
Direct Mail and E-mail production: 10%
- Coordinate in-house direct mail production for the Canisius Fund and the Leadership Society in conjunction with the director of the Canisius Fund. This includes supplies, postage, oversight of proofing process, extracting and formatting data
- Research and update donor contact information, pull reports and lists for mailings, emails and events.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office setting
- Prior Annual Fund experience in a higher education setting is a plus
- Strong computer skills including database management, word processing, ability to use Excel for filtering, pivot tables and formulas, and email marketing platforms preferred
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner highly preferred
- Outstanding organizational ability, project management skills, with focused attention to detail and follow through
- Demonstrated experience with multi-tasking and ability to prioritize and communicate with many stakeholders about projects
- High degree of professionalism and sensitivity to confidential information
- Knowledge of data segmentation strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, listening skills, oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative style and willingness to be part of a team effort
- A deep appreciation for and commitment to the Catholic and Jesuit mission and intellectual tradition of the college is a must
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend