Assistant Director of Housing for Student Life
Job no: 494659
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Student Affairs
Assistant Director of Housing
Office of Student Life
The Assistant Director for the Office of Student Life is responsible for providing an inclusive residential environment that supports academic and social development. This position is responsible for the management of student housing assignments, assist with Title IX compliance, and supervision of graduate and undergraduate staff members. This live-on position is full-time and reports to the Sr. Associate Dean of Students/Director of Student Life.
- Manage daily responsibilities of campus residences: assign rooms, coordinate room changes/withdrawals, oversee room condition, maintain appropriate records and oversee student billing, coordinate check-in and check-out process, approve break housing.
- Address and respond to all parent/guardian and roommate concerns.
- Maintain and update the Adirondack housing software.
- Serve as a Title IX investigator/panel member for Student Affairs, as needed.
- Adjudicate Community Standard violations.
- Market the housing selection process and coordinate housing selections.
- Participate in residence hall fire safety inspections.
- Responsible for the management of a residential key inventory system.
- Manage the damage and student fines system.
- Work closely with the Facilities Management Department on residence halls cleaning and maintenance; manage purchases and oversee renovations for the residence halls.
- Represent Student Life at institutional functions (i.e. Orientation, Open House, Accepted Students Day, etc.).
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Office of Student Life web and portal pages.
- Manage summer housing assignments for Canisius students and conferences.
- Be generally available to students, parents, and staff at irregular hours and participate in an on-call duty rotation for campus.
- Work closely with the ITS Department, International Student Programs, Athletics, and the Griff Center on housing issues.
- Advise the Residence Hall Association.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team and individually.
- Strong analytical and financial forecasting skills.
- A Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education or related field.
- 2 years of full-time work experience in student affairs or related office.
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate staff or equivalent supervisory experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license with a positive driving record per the College’s insurance provider.
- Training as a Title IX investigator or willingness to be trained as a Title IX investigator.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend