Admissions Operations Assistant
Job no: 494652
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Admissions, Clerical/Customer Service
Admissions Operations Assistant
The admissions operations assistant reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions. This is a full-time, support staff position that will assist with a variety of duties to aid in the day-to-day operations of the Admissions Office. The admissions operations assistant will have daily interactions with potential students and their families, current Canisius College students, alumni, faculty and staff, the public and works collaboratively with other departments within the College. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm., with some evenings and weekends as required.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions.
- Oversee department purchases.
- Assist with staff travel arrangements and expenses; confirm and communicate all travel details.
- Assist with the reconciliation of purchasing card transactions (Visa card) for all Admission staff.
- Manage the BANNER system for direct pay requests, budgets and accounting review.
- Assist with the planning, organization and execution of Admissions events, such as open houses, accepted student’s day, etc.
- Assist in the development of the creative event communication materials and oversee the event RSVP lists.
- Attend all Admissions events.
- Answer the Admissions main telephone line, route calls to appropriate staff and follow up on calls as needed.
- Manage the daily Admissions visit calendar, confirm appointments, and provide admissions materials to visitors.
- Maintain an inventory of admissions materials for distribution, ensure the visitor lobby is welcoming, and stocked with appropriate admissions materials.
- Support admissions processing and provide back up as needed.
- Manage calendars, schedule appointments and organize meetings for assigned staff members as needed.
- Organize staff meetings, provide support materials, record minutes and provide any follow-up necessary to outcome of meetings.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for Admissions.
- Submit job requests for design and printing.
- Hire, train and supervise work-study students and/or graduate assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of administrative support experience or educational equivalent is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Outstanding customer services skills.
- Experience managing data, including the ability to perform data entry with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook; experience with Banner and Business Objects preferred; ability to learn new programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; including the ability and commitment to working with a diverse community of students, alumni, friends, faculty, administrators and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and follow through, and ability to work independently and exercise initiative as a critical member of a team.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Understanding of the College environment, role of Admissions and time sensitive nature of student recruitment.
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to Jesuit higher education and Canisius College’s mission.
- Higher education admissions experience, a plus.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month, hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend