Job no: 494635
Work type: Part-time Staff
Andrew L. Bouwhuis Library
The part-time Cataloging Librarian is a member of the A.L.B. Library staff. Under the direction of the Librarian, Head of Technical Services, the Cataloging Librarian is responsible for original and complex copy-cataloging and other record maintenance within the library’s integrated library system and other library and college systems.
Position: This is a part-time position. Approximately 15 hours per week. The schedule is flexible and may include evening or weekend hours.
- Provide original and complex copy-cataloging of all formats of library materials to facilitate their identification, access and use.
- Assist with importing, maintenance, deletion, and quality control of all library records, including bibliographic, authority, vendor, order, check-in, and holdings records.
- Work with Collection Services Coordinator and Librarian, Head of Technical Services to optimize departmental workflows.
- Stay current of cataloging procedures and trends.
- Compile year-end statistics for Cataloging.
- Staff library service desk as scheduled.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high level customer service; model excellent customer service for student employees.
- Interpret library policies and procedures for patrons while handling their questions or concerns in a professional and friendly manner.
- Exhibit a commitment to support the Canisius College and ALB Library mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Library Director or direct supervisor.
- Master’s in Library Science and at least 1 year of directly-related library work experience.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: prospective students, current students, their families, general public, faculty, administrators.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work well within a team environment and independently.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft products and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Experience with Sierra/Millennium or other integrate library system desired.
- Knowledge of Banner desired.
- Supervisory experience desired.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend