Administrative Associate for Canisius' Opportunity Programs for Education
Job no: 494632
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Clerical/Customer Service
Canisius’ Opportunity Programs for Education (COPE)
COPE is responsible for administering two very different and distinct programs: The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) and Martin Luther King Scholarship/Grant (MLK). COPE extends educational opportunities and provides supportive services to assist students with achieving their fullest academic potential. Enrolling at Canisius will offer students the opportunity to obtain an undergraduate education of the highest quality, to experience the Canisius tradition and heritage, and to begin the road to success in a career of choice. Since the curriculum is intellectually stimulating and challenging, COPE provides assistance and support to the motivated student to achieve his/her goals.
The administrative associate acts as a point of contact for the department with both internal and external constituencies, assist and represent the COPE office by handling concerns as they arise. They will provide support to the Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion/ Director of HEOP, Associate Director, Academic Skills Coordinator and Counselor. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm; occasional weekends are required when workshops/events are scheduled.
- Perform general office duties: answer multiple phone lines, greet visitors, schedule appointments, photocopy, file, mail, order office supplies, oversee service of office equipment, and email communications.
- Prepare and maintain accurate student records.
- Track program expenditures. Prepare budget forecast. Verify all expenditures against business office records. Maintain receipts for all expenses. Prepare monthly reports for the Associate Dean/Director and Associate Director.
- Assist with preparation of grant proposals.
- Manage finance actions, including direct pay requests and CentreSuite (department VISA transactions
- Organize activities, meetings and workshops.
- Attend departmental meetings and take minutes.
- Make business travel arrangements.
- Compile information needed for Annual Performance Report. Submit report to the Department of Education.
- Prepare and distribute annual report for schools, college administrators, and staff members.
- Print contact reports from database for all program participants. Identify students who have not participated in any activities for the year. File reports in student folders.
- Supervise work-study students and/or graduate assistants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated administrative support experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects while meeting daily deadlines.
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, parents, and or colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new programs/systems. Experience with Banner and other learning management software.
- Experience, specifically with data management and manipulation in Excel.
- Business acumen is required to assist with the management of the department budget.
- The ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated commitment to and sensitivity for addressing the needs of economically and educationally disadvantaged youth or experience, as a participant or employee, with educational opportunity programs.
- Experience working in the human services sector is a plus.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend