Administrative Associate for the Facilities Management Department
Job no: 494628
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Clerical/Customer Service
Facilities Management Department
The administrative associate for the Facilities Management Department supports the Director and works with all members of the department. Under general direction, perform office duties related to the daily responsibilities of the department, as well as work collaboratively with other departments and offices within the College. This is a full-time position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
The administrative associate serves as the first line of communication for the community and therefore must possess the ability to communicate effectively over the phone, in person, and via email. This person greets and directs visitors and provides general information and assistance as needed. The administrative assistant manages the work order system, accounts payable, timesheet management, student workers and ensures policies and procedures are being followed. This person must value teamwork and collaboration, is dependable, flexible, takes initiative, solves problems effectively, communicates clearly, and supports organizational change.
- Greet and direct visitors; provide general information and assistance as needed
- Answer and manage the main phone line for the Department of Facilities; assist with/direct calls appropriately
- Respond to College employee, student, and guest emergencies or requests with an appropriate measure of courtesy and customer service; coordinate response with the appropriate manager
- Manage the work order system including screening, processing, and assigning work orders, closing out work orders and running reports. Included in this is working with the managers to ensure work orders are being completed in a timely manner, coordinating work with the community and communicating any issues with the requested work being completed
- Communicate with staff and managers over the radio
- Provide Department support with administrative/clerical work, including preparing purchase orders, arranging meetings, developing/preparing reports, etc.
- Sign in contractors and vendors; make sure they check in and out with the appropriate manager
- Manage accounts payable and receivables
- Manage time sheets
- Mail pickup and distribution
- Order office supplies and manage inventory
- Manage student workers
- Maintain the Department shared drive and paperless filing system
- Record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Point of contact for select maintenance contracts as assigned
- Process and log Key requests
- Additional hours worked outside of regular business hours are expected for on-call rotation, emergencies and/or scheduled events including but not limited to student move-in/move-out, Homecoming, and Commencement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: prospective students, current students, their families, general public, faculty, administrators.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of meetings.
- Ability to effectively use common Google Apps, including Google Drive, Google Search, Google Maps and Gmail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting daily deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of Banner desired.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend