Administrative Associate for the Departments of Accounting and Marketing & Information Systems
Job no: 494617
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Clerical/Customer Service
Departments of Accounting and Marketing & Information Systems
Under general direction, perform office duties related to the daily responsibilities of the departments and programs, as well as work collaboratively with other departments and offices within the College. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday (37.5 hours per week) year round.
- Provide administrative support to the undergraduate/graduate programs, department chairs, faculty, and students:
- Perform general office duties: take incoming calls, mail, email communications, filing, etc.
- Support faculty with paperwork connected to their teaching, including assisting with the production of course syllabi, exams and other materials. Organize syllabi, reports and other items and furnish copies to the Dean of the Richard J. Wehle School of Business.
- Monitor the College’s calendar of deadlines and meetings and help prioritize duties.
- Attend meetings and events as required.
- Prepare course scheduling documents and student advising guide each semester.
- Communicate needs and orders to office supply and copying equipment vendors.
- Follow up on inquiries from prospective students, text publisher representatives, and others seeking information about academic programs.
- Assist faculty with on campus event planning (book rooms, order catering, etc.).
- Submit job requests for design and printing.
- Perform data entry as required for various tasks in the College’s Banner system, including annual budgeting.
- Manage finance actions, including direct pay requests and department VISA transactions.
- Generate periodic budget reports; carry out daily transactions, budget transfers, budget approvals and similar financial activities using the College’s Banner system. In addition, to administering the department budget under the supervision of the chairperson, the administrative associate will also be responsible for carrying out similar activities in support of faculty with grants or special administrative budgets.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the department.
- Place orders for new equipment, instructional materials, annual student awards and other item.
- Make travel arrangements for faculty and students using the College’s travel company and online system.
- Administrative oversight and management of Accounting Banquet and other Accounting events throughout the year:
- Assume primary responsibility for executing a successful annual Accounting Banquet.
- Plan, coordinate, and negotiate all aspects of events: venue, food/beverage, audio/visual, entertainment, decorations, volunteers, sponsorships, etc.
- Coordinate and lead event committee meetings to include internal personnel, as well as key external constituents.
- Develop invitation/mailing lists using the Banner System, Business Object queries, etc.
- Coordinate with department chair in the planning and execution of all event-related mailings, responses and post-event follow up.
- External relations:
- Assist in development and communication with department advisory council and its committees.
- Primary contact for advisory council members.
- Organize advisory council meetings.
- Support students: assist them in communicating with faculty; scheduling advisement meetings; providing and collecting information regarding scholarships and internships; receive, registering and depositing payment for travel or other programs and coordinate student society and professional development activities.
- Use the Business Objects program to run enrollment reports, generate student lists according to specified parameters and other reports as needed to communicate with students, assign academic advisors, develop proposals, report on department productivity and justify resource allocation decisions.
- Work with Web Services to create and edit department/program webpages as directed. Assist with the creation and maintenance of department/program webpages as directed by the chair. Work with Web Services to ensure webpages are current and updated in a timely fashion.
- Hire, train and supervise work-study students and delegate assignments as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative support experience; event planning is a plus.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: prospective students, current students, their families, general public, faculty, administrators.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Ability to effectively use common Google Apps, including Google Search, Google Maps and Gmail.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of meetings.
- Knowledge of Banner desired.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting daily deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend