Assistant Director of Advancement Events
Job no: 494613
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Advancement/Alumni Relations
Assistant Director of Advancement Events
Canisius College is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Advancement Events. The Assistant Director of Advancement Events is responsible for the planning, coordinating, and execution of special events that support the institutional advancement efforts of Canisius College. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement. The Assistant Director of Advancement Events is expected to work some evenings and weekends.
- Manage all Institutional Advancement events
- Assume primary responsibility for executing a successful annual Regents Scholarship Ball, to include organizing committees, managing staff and volunteers and spearheading the solicitation of table sponsors and all logistics associated with signature fundraising event.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute high-quality events and functions to support institutional priorities such as:
- Building dedications
- Annual endowed scholarship Mass and brunch
- Fitzpatrick and Schreiner lecture series
- Donor cultivation and recognition events
- Other special events
- Negotiate all aspects of events: venue, food/beverage, audio/visual, entertainment, decorations, volunteers, sponsorships, etc.
- Coordinate and lead event committee meetings to include internal personnel, as well as key external constituents.
- Develop invitation/mailing lists using the Banner System and Business Object queries.
- Supervise and coordinate with department’s administrative assistant in the planning and execution of all event-related mailings, responses and post-event follow up.
- Prepare, manage, and monitor all event budgets.
- Prepare post-event analyses, including post-event surveys, assess opportunities, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management, time management, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage details of multiple and complex projects within firm schedules.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to be assertive in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse volunteers, including high profile constituents of the college.
- Ability to attend weekend and evening events as required.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with Banner and Business Objects preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in planning, production and management of special events and meetings.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend