Coordinator for the Women's Business Center
Job no: 494582
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Clerical/Customer Service
Women’s Business Center
The Coordinator supports the Women’s Business Center by managing the responsibilities related to planning, direction and coordination of the Women’s Business Center’s operation activities. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of the Women’s Business Center and works collaboratively with other departments within the College. This is a full-time position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30/9:00 a.m. to 5:00/5:30 p.m. with some evenings and weekends as required.
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for the Center’s programs, monitor progress and evaluate outcomes.
- Assist in the design of performance metrics.
- Develop, administer, and analyze assessment tools including program pre-post assessments, summarize results for use in marketing and business development initiatives and report outcomes.
- Maintain the database for all client information and statistics.
- Collect all client intake information and document it on the WBC internal client relationship management tool.
- Collect all program and events statistics.
- Report this data to the Small Business Administration through their grant management tool (EDMIS system).
- Oversee client/member needs. Generate invoices and collect payments. Respond to client requests and inquiries.
- Manage finance actions, including direct pay requests and department VISA transactions. Generate financial reports, manage credit and maintain files and receipts.
- Coordinate the WBC’s programs and events. Request and reserve event space, order food and beverages and ensure event materials are available. Prepare Board of Advisors materials and minutes.
- Arrange travel, hotel and car rental, prepare itinerary, collateral material and expense reports.
- Perform general office duties: maintaining and ordering supplies, answering phones, filing, copying, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional demeanor required to effectively communicate with both internal and external constituencies.
- Business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management, and have the ability to learn additional programs.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including electronic coordination meetings.
- Knowledge in Banner desired.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects while meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend