Admissions Processing Associate
Job no: 494569
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Admissions, Clerical/Customer Service
Admissions Processing Associate
Admissions Processing Associates process all applications, transcripts, test scores and correspondence for new, transfer, re-enrolling and international student applications for undergraduate and graduate admissions. They maintain all admissions records and enter new information on prospective students into Banner. Admissions Processors communicate regularly with students and their families about the Canisius College admissions process. This is a full-time, hourly position reporting to the Assistant Director of Admissions Processing.
- Answer telephone calls from prospective students, parents, high school counselors and other departments on campus.
- Enter and maintain confidential personal, demographic and admissions or inquiry data into the Banner database.
- Process daily mail of admissions requirement materials and maintain application files.
- Process daily new inquiry and application records into Banner system.
- Process and reconcile tapeload data (batch files list sources, test scores etc.) into Banner system.
- Process Common Application into Banner system.
- Back up for Admissions counseling staff for emails from students.
- Process student tuition/room and board deposits.
- Print daily mailings to prospective students and applicants.
- Check accuracy and run daily mailing reports
- Compile all materials for mailings
- Compile and process International mailings
- Monitor printing equipment performance.
- Maintain inventory of all publications and mailing supplies.
- Hire and supervise work study students.
- Assist Admissions Management team as necessary.
- Help at campus Admissions events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: prospective students, current students, their families, general public, faculty, administrators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn additional programs, to include the Canisius College BANNER system and Slate.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team.
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend