Administrative Associate for Graduate Business Programs and the Department of Economics & Finance
Job no: 494556
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Clerical/Customer Service
Graduate Business Programs and the
Department of Economics & Finance
Under general direction, perform office duties related to the daily responsibilities of the departments, as well as work collaboratively with other departments and offices within the College. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Chair of the Department of Economics & Finance and Assistant Dean of the Wehle School of Business. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Provide administrative support to the undergraduate/graduate programs, department chair, faculty, assistant dean/director of Graduate Business Programs and Master Business Alumni Association:
- Perform general office duties: field incoming calls, mail, email communications, filing, etc.
- Assist with all budgetary matters and logistics.
- Support faculty with paperwork connected to their teaching, including assisting with the production of course syllabi, exams and other materials.
- Monitor the College’s calendar of deadlines and meetings and help prioritize duties.
- Attend meetings and events as required.
- Generate reports for assistant dean/director of Graduate Business Programs.
- Triage student issues and apply corrective action when necessary or defer to the department chair or assistant dean.
- Support the Master of Business Alumni Association including attending meetings and events.
- Set up events using Touchnet.
- Provide support to the executive associate, to the dean of the Wehle School of Business.
- Update WSB web pages including the Graduate Business Programs.
- Understand and navigate Banner including data entry, registration of students, and view class enrollments.
- Coordinate communications for academic probation and dismissal for WSB undergraduates and graduate students.
- Assist the chairs and curriculum committee in assessment exam and reporting using Qualtrics.
- Assist faculty/assistant dean with event planning (book rooms, order catering, etc.).
- Assist the assistant dean to confirm graduation for graduate business students; coordinate the One Year MBA graduation ceremony.
- Assist with registering exchange students and transfer students.
- Coordinate registration for students that did not complete previous semester coursework successfully.
- Submit job requests for design and printing.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the departments.
- Place orders for new equipment, instructional materials, annual student awards and other items.
- Manage finance actions, including direct pay requests and department VISA transactions.
- Assist in preparing the course schedule and advisement guides each semester.
- Support students: assist them in communicating with faculty; schedule advisement meetings; provide and collect information regarding scholarships and internships; receive, register and deposit payment for travel or other programs.
- Supervise work-study students or graduate assistants and delegate assignments as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including: prospective students, current students, their families, alumni, the public, faculty, administrators.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn additional programs.
- Ability to effectively use common Google Apps, including Google Search, Google Forms, Google Maps, Gmail, etc.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of meetings.
- Knowledge of Banner desired.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting daily deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, 12-month hourly position. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend