Downstate, NY Regional Recruiter
Job no: 494523
Work type: Part-time Staff
Downstate, NY Regional Recruiter
Canisius College’s Office of Admissions invites applications for the position of Downstate, NY Regional Recruiter. Canisius College has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich the college’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Consistently ranked among the top regional institutions in the Northeast, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York and one of 28 Jesuit, Catholic colleges in the nation. Founded in 1870 by German Jesuits, Canisius is named for St. Peter Canisius, a renowned Dutch educator and one of the original members of the Society of Jesus. What began in a single building in downtown Buffalo now consists of 37 buildings located on 72 acres in a residential neighborhood in North-Central Buffalo. We are a masters-level, comprehensive university offering undergraduate, graduate and professional programs that are distinguished by close student-faculty collaboration and experiential learning opportunities that transform the mind and spirit. Canisius promotes the Jesuit principles of excellence, service and leadership through a broad range of learning experiences and a distinct core curriculum that is grounded in the liberal arts.
The Regional Recruiter will lead the recruitment and enrollment of primarily undergraduate (freshmen and transfer) students by developing and implementing effective student recruitment and marketing plans that meet the strategic enrollment goals of Canisius College. This position serves prospective undergraduate students in Long Island, and New York City, NY and will be expected to work from a home-based office. The incumbent must be willing to travel to visit high schools and community colleges. The Regional Recruiter must possess finesse in building strong relationships with students, families, school counselors and other stakeholders. This position may require additional travel within the state and continental U.S. for recruitment and/or other meetings, and requires the ability to handle trips of various durations.
This is a part-time position that requires a commitment of 20-28 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends. The Regional Recruiter reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Represent Canisius College to a wide and diverse audience in high schools, community colleges, prospective freshmen, transfer students and their families throughout New York City (25% of duties and responsibilities) and Long Island, NY (75% of duties and responsibilities).
- Recruit prospective students by providing accurate and timely pre-admissions advisement to students, parents, families and other members of the community.
- Provide knowledgeable and professional representation of Canisius College with students during on and off campus events to increase awareness.
- Assist prospective students and their families with the Admissions Application, Federal Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) and other pre-college preparation requirements.
- Maintain relationships with secondary school and community college counselors.
- Correspond with prospective students and their families. Manage electronic recruitment correspondence.
- Assist with the organization of admissions activities.
- Attend college fairs and visit high schools and community colleges in the surrounding area/state(s) within the region during the fall and spring.
- Schedule and conduct individual interviews with students.
- Organize regional group information sessions for students, parents, high school/community college counselors.
- Maintain appropriate follow-up communication with the students and their families regarding application status and financial aid.
- Work closely with the Admissions team to ensure that every effort is being made to attract and enroll a diverse student population from the region.
- Join and participate in regional admissions/school counselor associations to build working relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent decision making skills in the absence of direct supervision.
- Technologically literate, comfortable with social media and able to learn new software.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of high schools and community colleges in the Long Island, NY area.
- Master’s degree.
- Familiarity with Slate CRM
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius and click on View Current Employment Opportunities. The review of applications will begin immediately. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend