Job no: 494488
Work type: Part-time Staff
Canisius College, a member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference invites interested and qualified persons to apply for the position of part-time Head Coach for Diving. This is a 9 month position and runs from August 15, 2018 to May 15, 2019. The Diving Coach is expected to plan all aspects of training, recruiting and competition for the members of the diving squad under the supervision of the Head Swimming/Diving Coach. Hours will be scheduled on a part-time weekly schedule. In the event of a graduate assistant diving coach, the hours will include daily office hours. Scheduling will be coordinated with the Head Swimming/Diving Coach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- On deck coaching. The Diving Coach is expected to attend all diving practices unless excused by the Head Swimming/Diving Coach.
- Fulfill all responsibilities that accompany dual meet and conference championship competition.
- Recruit both male and female divers. This includes:
- Participate in and be expected to pass the NCAA recruiting exam.
- Make phone calls to prospective student-athletes.
- Attend high school swimming/diving meets for the purpose of scouting high school talent.
- Arrange for official visits by prospective student-athletes, with approval of the Head Swimming/Diving Coach.
- Discuss scholarship opportunities for prospective student-athletes with the Head Swimming/Diving Coach.
- Report the status of recruiting to the Head Swimming/Diving Coach.
- Assist the Head Swimming/Diving Coach with event planning such as clinics, home meets and road trips.
- Ensure that the men’s and women’s swimming/diving programs are administered with a constant commitment to compliance of all institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Oversee the academic progress of the diving team members in conjunction with the academic support staff.
- Within the athletic department expectations, identify academically at risk divers and coordinate their use of resources, including study hall, with the academic support staff.
- Assist with equipment and uniform orders.
- Conduct themselves with maturity which makes clear that they are a coach and not a student-athlete.
- College level diving experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Lifeguard, CPR and AED certification.
- Previous experience working with age group divers.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith, diversity, and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend