Job no: 494432
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Marketing & Communication
Marketing and Communications
Working cross-departmentally with the marketing, design and web teams, the Marketing Copywriter conceptualizes, writes and edits copy for a variety of marketing and brand-related communication. The Marketing Copywriter will have experience writing in a consumer-oriented context and in a variety of styles for print, web and digital application. The ideal candidate is a versatile writer, experienced researcher and skilled storyteller who can advance the marketing goals of the College through compelling and engaging content. This is a full-time position that requires some evening and weekend assignments. The position reports to the Associate VP for Marketing & Communication.
- Research and write content in support of the Marketing & Communication department’s strategic plans for marketing/advertising, website, and social media. This will include print/digital ads, videos, catalogs, web pages, blogs, and social media content.
- Work with creative team to conceptualize and execute various communication pieces for external departments including Institutional Advancement and Enrollment Management.
- Meet with students and administrative staff as needed throughout the content gathering process.
- Work with AVP and outside partners in the continued evolution of the College’s consumer-facing brand.
- Supervise communication being developed by external vendors and various internal departments to ensure quality, accuracy and brand consistency.
- Contribute to the development of the College’s creative style guide.
- Proof all content for spelling, grammar, and clarity as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication or related field.
- 5 years of consumer-oriented writing experience, including experience writing for digital platforms. Higher-education, consumer brand and/or agency experience is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and the ability to write, clear and accurate marketing copy in a consistent brand voice. A working knowledge of SEO techniques to optimize search engine performance is a plus.
- Professional demeanor as required to effectively communicate with senior administration, internal staff and students.
- The ability to work within time constraints and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Commitment to and ability to articulate the University’s Catholic, Jesuit mission and identity in an inviting and engaging manner.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend