INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST
Job no: 494429
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Finance/Business Support, Information Technology
Institutional Research Analyst
Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Canisius College is accepting applications for an Institutional Research Analyst. The Institutional Research Analyst is responsible for accurate data collection and maintenance, preparing and analyzing reports to support institutional initiatives and planning, and assisting with external reporting requirements. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
- Assist the director with the day-to-day requests for data and analysis.
- Gather information for mandatory compliance reports for federal and state agencies, accrediting organizations and others.
- Maintain data, perform data extractions and generate reports as requested for other administrative offices.
- Assist with completing and submitting federal, state, and other higher education reports and surveys for the College in compliance with deadlines.
- Assist academic and administrative departments in data collection and analysis.
- Prepare presentations and dashboards to communicate information to senior leadership and campus community.
- Assist academic departments in addressing accreditation requirements by providing data and assisting with data analysis and surveys for accreditation reports and visits.
- Design and prepare analysis and reports for internal users.
- Maintain department website, portal pages and calendar.
- Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness on strategic projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound judgement, especially with regards to confidential and proprietary data.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with students, alumni, faculty, staff, volunteers and friends of the College.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in partnership with a wide array of people.
- Ability in learning new software with guidance.
- Commitment to and ability to support the College’s Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that requires significant work in research and statistical methods (social science, computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, etc.) is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 2 years’ experience as a data analyst, including part-time and/or student assistant experience.
- Experience with data collection and data integrity, including managing and querying databases.
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Banner is preferred.
- Experience with survey administration is a plus.
- Work experience in a higher education setting is a plus.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend