PROGRAMMER ANALYST for Information Technology Services
Job no: 494413
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Information Technology
Information Technology Services
The Programmer Analyst reports to the Director of Administrative Computing. The core responsibility of this position is to service the campus community in their use of the College’s Enterprise Resource System. This is accomplished through the development of add-on Web applications, integration modules, standard reports and PL/SQL scripts. The position also provides functional assistance in error resolution and work flow development. This is a full-time position.
- Write new programs or modify existing programs as assigned.
- Program, test and document data retrieval, reporting and management systems to meet user needs.
- Provide user, programming and operational documentation.
- Integrate acquired software into the Canisius administrative software environment.
- Work with other IT and functional staff to reconcile discrepancies on software integration projects.
- Assist in database table design, workflow analysis and the creation of views, triggers and functions.
- Assist end users in resolving enterprise software system issues that require technical research.
- Perform all assigned tasks with a high degree of proficiency and responsibility.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standards for development, reporting, data consistency and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or Computer Science.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Recent experience in developing database applications.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and database design.
- Knowledge of Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL).
- Familiarity with Java, HTML and Web Applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and plan strategically.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow through.
Review of applications begins immediately.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend