ASSOCIATE CAMPUS MINISTER
Job no: 494411
Work type: Full-time Staff
Associate Campus Minister/Immersion
Canisius College is accepting applications for an Associate Campus Minister (ACM). The ideal candidate will be a skilled pastoral communicator who is attentive to detail with a heart for developing joyful and meaningful service-immersion experiences for the College’s students, alumni, faculty and staff. The ACM is responsible for domestic and international service- immersion programs, as well as local service activities and justice efforts on campus. This position will coordinate the logistics of service-immersion trips. The ACM will identify and develop service-immersion trip leaders and collaborate with the Jesuit Community. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Campus Ministry.
- Direct all aspects of domestic and international service-immersion programs for the College:
- Research service-immersion projects and destination sites, determine if sites meet mission objectives, monitor for safety concerns.
- Coordinate logistics of service-immersion trips including; booking site, arranging travel, advertising service-immersion opportunities, recruiting immersion leaders, interviewing participants, and fund raising.
- Develop surveys to measure student participation, engagement, and provide reports to administration on student participation, engagement and outcomes of service-immersion trips.
- Manage service-immersion program budget.
- Recruit, identify, develop and supervise student-leaders for all service-immersion trips through retreats, workshops, etc.
- Assist the Director of Campus Ministry with department budget planning and management.
- Assist with Campus Ministry-led spiritual retreats.
- Assist with planning masses, special liturgies and prayer services. Presence at liturgical events is required as needed.
- Assist with integration of Ignatian Exercises into campus programs.
- Take a leadership role when appropriate on committees and in public prayer.
- Provide pastoral care and presence to students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Represent Campus Ministry to departments on campus and maintain a pastoral presence and engagement to colleagues.
- Attend Campus Ministry meetings, manage and maintain budget for programs and coordinate fund-raising as needed.
- Assess learning goals and program satisfaction for all programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of Jesuit and Catholic traditions in higher education, Ignatian spirituality, and Catholic social teaching.
- Experience with developing and managing budgets.
- Experience developing, marketing and managing fund raising events.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience creating an open and welcoming community.
- Ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with students, alumni, faculty, staff, volunteers and friends of the College.
- Proven ability to work successfully both independently and in partnership with a wide array of people.
- Ability to utilize a variety of marketing channels (i.e. print, social networking, etc.) to engage constituents effectively.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and a willingness to travel.
- Bachelor’s in Theology, Pastoral Studies, or related field is required; Master’s in Theology or related field strongly preferred.
- Person of Catholic faith who is intellectually conversant with Ignatian spirituality and experience in working with persons of many cultures, ethnicities and religious traditions.
- At least two years of experience in pastoral administration or an equivalent field.
- Commitment to and ability to articulate the University’s Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity in an inviting and engaging manner.
Review of applications begins immediately. For full consideration, please apply by September 20, 2017.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend