ASST DIRECTOR OF CANISIUS FUND
Job no: 493414
Work type: Full-time Staff
Categories: Advancement/Alumni Relations
Assistant Director of the Canisius Fund
This position assists the Director of the Canisius Fund with the overall operation of the Canisius Fund, the college’s annual giving program. The Assistant Director works closely with members of the Institutional Advancement team to integrate annual fundraising activities within all aspects of advancement. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of the Canisius Fund. This is a full-time position, some evenings and weekends will be required.
Responsibilities include the development, coordination and oversight of all aspects of annual giving including but not limited to direct mail, social media, electronic solicitations, management and supervision of the Call Center, growth of volunteer involvement, and direct solicitation of Canisius Fund gifts.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive calling program and social media program to raise new and increased gift support from alumni, friends and current and former parents of students.
- Support fundraising goals by conducting effective fundraising and marketing strategies, monitor results, and evaluate calling session success and prepare analysis reports.
- Recruit, hire, and train student callers to work for the call center; manage Canisius Fund Graduate Assistant.
- Manage calling sessions by overseeing workflow and productivity, solve problems on the calling floor, manage student staff, ensure production goals are achieved, and use the automated calling system. Produce calling scripts.
- Design initial and supplemental training modules to enhance caller skills and conduct caller evaluations.
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive social media campaign.
- Assist in planning and executing a comprehensive annual giving program to solicit alumni and friends.
- Work with the Director and marketing/PR staff to determine the appropriate messages for annual giving.
- Work with IT and develop proficient knowledge in Banner/Business Objects to pull donor and prospect lists/information.
- Work with third party vendors on logistics related to direct mail and electronic media appeals.
- Manage internal giving communications using the college’s email system and daily newsletter.
- Design and deploy a strong crowdfunding program.
- Oversee reunion solicitation mailings.
- Plan, develop and execute strategies for obtaining annual leadership level contributions from individuals through reconnection, cultivation and solicitation.
- Work with Advancement Services staff to ensure proper coding, receipting of donor records and gifts.
- Work with Canisius Fund Annual Giving Leadership Coordinator to oversee departmental reports.
- Work with Canisius Fund Cabinet to guide volunteer solicitation efforts.
- Identify and personally solicit prospects for gifts of $1,000 or more and Young Alumni Leadership Society members.
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan for annual giving.
- Remain current in industry best practices to determine the future direction of the annual giving program.
- Develop and incorporate new strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills and attentiveness to detail; excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills and able to analyze data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also within a team environment.
- Ability to manage student employees and volunteers.
- Ability to work weekend and evening hours as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Power Point; experience with Banner and Business Objects preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in call center, fundraising, volunteer management, project management.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend